KaDeWe – the largest department store on the European continent
- Kleine Nachtrevue – burlesque theatre
- attractive restaurants on Viktoria-Luise-Platz
What began in 1905 as a supposedly adventurous idea by the Berlin merchant and commercial councillor Adolf Jandorf already exceeded all expectations upon its opening in March 1907: as the leading department store in the country, KaDeWe offered its customers desirable goods from all over the world – from the latest looks of the Parisian catwalks to the exotic fruits of the South Seas. The same ritual occurs every day when, just before 10 a.m., the original iron gate from 1907 descends and KaDeWe, with its porter, welcomes up to 180,000 customers from all around the world.
Wittenbergplatz Underground Station was built according to the plans of Paul Wittig and opened on 11 March 1902.
Urania Berlin (founded 1888) is an interdisciplinary platform that presents current findings from the fields of science, culture, and society to a wide audience, and provides space for exchange and discourse.