Kulturforum / Philharmonie
Kulturforum with the Berlin Philharmonie – here the art enthusiast is spoilt for choice
- Print Room and Art Library
- Berlin State Library – Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation
- Scientific Centre for Social Research
- Matthäus Church by August Stüler
- Luiseninsel in the large park "Großer Tiergarten"
Since the 1960s the "Kulturforum" has grown to become an internationally renowned ensemble of buildings, which includes the world-famous "Berliner Philharmonie" and the chamber music hall "Kammermusiksaal", the "Neue Nationalgalerie" and the new Berlin State Library (Stabi). The most recent building in the "Kulturforum" is the "Neue Gemäldegalerie", opened in 1998. The exhibitions and concerts in the "Kulturforum", the varied role of the site in the history of the 20th century, and not least the significant architecture to be found here by Mies van der Rohe, Hans Scharoun, Hilmer & Sattler, make the Forum a very important sight in Berlin.