Checkpoint Charlie – faithful replica of the border crossing and interesting facts about the Wall
- Trabi Museum and Deutsches Currywurst Museum
- Documentation Centre Topography of Terror
- Hi-Flyer – tethered balloon at Checkpoint Charlie
- Museum for Communication – past and future
- Friedrichstraße – shopping mile (Lafayette, Quartier206)
- Axel-Springer-Passage – business, culture and gastronomy
Today the Checkpoint Charlie memorial is one of the most famous sights in Berlin, as it was one of the border crossings through the Berlin Wall between 1961 and 1990, and one of the three Allied checkpoints used by the Americans. It was named after the third letter in the international phonetic alphabet (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, …). On 13 August 2000 a faithful replica of the first checkpoint hut was unveiled. The piled-up sandbags are now filled with concrete instead of sand.
In the immediate vicinity there are various different museums, exhibitions, open-air galleries, memorials and much more on the subject of the 'Wall'.
Thus, Checkpoint Charlie is a MUST for every visitor to Berlin!