Unter den Linden / Friedrichstraße
Boulevard "Unter den Linden" and avenue "Friedrichstraße" – oldest and magnificent boulevard versus modern shopping mile
- Unter den Linden State Library
- Crown Prince's Palace and Princesses' Palace
- Deutsche Bank KunstHalle, formerly Deutsche Guggenheim
- NIVEA Haus – wellness to go while out and about
- Madame Tussaud's Wax-Figure Cabinet
- Friedrichstraße – luxury shopping mile with Friedrichstadt-Passagen, Galeries Lafayette and much more
The pompous structure of the street "Unter den Linden" is unique throughout Europe and originated in the 16th century. The wonderfully preserved historical buildings from different eras are very close to each other. In particular, the different building styles from classicism to baroque and rococo make Bebelplatz so beautiful. The former royal opera "ehemalige Königliche Hofoper", now State Opera "Staatsoper Unter den Linden", is the first and oldest building of the Forum Fridericianum. Directly behind it, in the style of the Roman Pantheon, is St. Hedwig's Cathedral with its imposing dome, 40 metres in diameter.
A contrast is presented by "Friedrichstraße", whose modern architecture nevertheless fits harmoniously into the historical framework.